Storming the Citadel Mini-Campaign Game 1

So Phil and I have started playing the Too Fat Lardies Chain of Command Storming the Citadel with Bolt Action rules.  To view the conversion rules see previous post:

So Phil is taking the Germans as he has not painted enough of them yet to play them yet.  This works out OK, as I have a ton of Russian figures to cover the campaign.  What I am missing is dugin markers, which will come into play in this game.

Setup: With Bolt action there are no Jump Off points.  What we did was allow the sides to setup half their force within 12" of the starting point rolled for.  then any unit left could come in as the first wave or reserve if so desired.

We rolled for supports and I received 2 points and took the 50mm Light Mortar, should have taken dugin markers.  Phil received 1 point and took a Pioneer Demolition Team. For the entrance points
Phil rolled and came in on the far left (3).  I came in the center (2) setting the OP post across the table with the occupied one in the center so I could defend it.

I set up 2 of my rifle squads on the table and the 50mm Light Mortar on the table as shown.  Phil setup a Rifle squad and kept the rest off table for now.



So turn one saw the Germans advancing an putting down effective fire taking out several Russians.  they brought on the rest of their force and advanced up the hill.  I returned fire only taking out 2 figures.

Turn 2: was even worse for the Russians as the fire from the Germans took out even more troops reducing 1 squad to only the NCO.  Return fire was not as effective and it was beginning to look like I might need to retreat early. Picking the Light Mortar instead of some dugin markers was proving the incorrect choice.



Turn 3.  I was trying to move a unit to my left flanks, when Phil hit my units hard again.  his die rolls were brutal.  At that point I figured it wasn't worth it when Phil has 2 other platoons to pull from and I only have this platoon until Game 6.

Losses:

Squad 1 - 1 Casualty - Light Wound - 1 Rifleman, will be available for Game 3
Squad 2 - 6 Casualties - Light Wound - NCO, 1 Rifleman, LMG and Loader, Back the next game, Dead - 2 Riflemen
Squad 3 - 1 Casualty - Dead - 1 Rifleman
Squad 4 - 2 Casualties - Light Wound - 1 Rifleman, back next game. Dead - 1 Rifleman

So 4 total dead, 1 not available until the next day, but at least 5 coming back for the next game.  Still tough losses.  I really need to make some dugin markers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2019 Cincycon Bolt Action Tournament

Ok, so I have been a little busy working on my house and I'm almost done.  So hopefully I will be able to get back into gaming.  in the ...