2017 Cincycon Bolt Action Report

Well I think I have recovered from the 2017 Cincycon bolt Action Tournament.  We had 12 scheduled to play, but due to issues outside of gaming only 9 could make it.  So I had to play to keep it even. Still 10 players on the 7 tables we had setup worked out great.  I'm glad we did setup all the tables.

So we had more Axis then Allied for this tourney, which is unusual.  6 out of 10 were Axis with 5 being German and 1 Japanese.  The rest were 1 Canadian, US Para, US Marine, and US Army.  so a good mix of troop types.

So, Nick Bailey was the overall winner and the Best Axis.  Dan Ward was the Best Allied.  Nick also won the Best Painted with his German Panzer Grenadier Recon force, that Luchs was just lovely.  He had the most votes, and I did pool some other Bolt Action players who could not play what they thought.  The Hanoswag award when to Pat, as he had a very accurate US Para force but just couldn't pull out a win during the event. Zack from Columbus was 2nd and Jamie, who came all the way form West Virgina to play, came in third, well tied for 2nd but Zack had more casualty points.

Adding the secondary objectives was a big plus, so this will be used in all my tournaments in the future.  Plus the group seemed to like them.

Below are some pics form the event.  Since I had to play, I was limited in taking pics.  Hopefully I won;t have to the next time.

 Prize support.  Most is from Game Time, but Will Greenslade from Warlord stopped bu and dropped off some plastic infantry spures and a sign mini rule book from Alesso!

 Nick playing on the far table.  one of the best matches was Trace with his Japanese vs Ron and his US Marines on the Jungle Table.

 I believe this was Alex vs Dan

 This was my game vs Jamie and my only real victory.  After this he basically handed my butt to me.  was a great game.

 Nick Panzer Grenadier vs Pat US Para

 So I did question how the Motorcycles ended up in the building and Nick's reply was he didn't have the dismounts painted yet....

 Trace's Japanese infantry and Cavalry, Trace came a close 2nd for the Bet Painted

 Myron's Panther lurking down the road.  

 Game in progress

 More of Trace's Japanese

 Nick's Schwimwagen on the prowl

 Trace's Japanese Bamboo squad

 Myron destroyed my 251 halftrack with a Panzerfaust!

Immobilized Marder being attacked by Engineers with a Flamethrower!

 What is left of a Fallschrimjager Squad firing at Alex's Flamethrower team.  

 My Sniper shot at the Flamethrower...really a 1!  That was my luck for the day

The group, Trace, Jamie, Dan, Nick, Zack, Myron, Alex, Pat, and sitting in front Rocket Ron


I would like to thank Game Time Miniatures for the support and help and to Warlord Games for the prize support. Also, thanks to Ron and Mitch for helping to set up and Ron, Alex and others to take them down.

The Escalation League is still up and running.  I talked to a few players about the next tourney and I think we will run a Doubles Tourney at Game Time.  Maybe in the June/July time frame.  Then play a couple games of the Road to Victory campaign. More on this later.  Then end up with a De-escalation Tourney.  Start at 1250, 1000, and end with a 750 points. I will try to nail these down and get the events posted on the KOI Bolt Action Facebook site.

Thanks again

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment

2019 Cincycon Bolt Action Tournament

Ok, so I have been a little busy working on my house and I'm almost done.  So hopefully I will be able to get back into gaming.  in the ...