Storming the Citadel Mini-Campaign Game 2

So Phil and I were able to get in Game 2 of the Storming the Citadel CoC mini Campaign last night. Recap of Game 1 is below or here: /storming-citadel-mini-campaign-game-1  There are a few things we missed after the game that we needed to take care of. The CO's Opinion and the Men's Opinion  Rolls. There is a section on the Leader himself, but I need to read through that to wrap my brain around it first.

So for Phil his CO and Men's opinion went up by 1.  Mine on the other hand went down 1, since I lost the game and had more casualties.  No affect now, but we will see in the later games

So we rolled for points after the first game so we could figure out what we wanted to use and build if need be.  Since Phil has the initiative he rolled and we received the maximum of 3 support points for this game. Phil decided to use a new platoon at full strength and picked a 251/1 Halftrack.  Since I was defending I picked 3 dugin positions since I forgot about those the last game and paid for it. Phil's FM was 9 and mine was 8, we both rolled low.

So for setup we agreed to allow the Russians to setup up to 24" from their side and the Germans 24" from their side. I put the 2 LMG squads in the center and far right where I had 2 minefields.  these were dummy fields.  I did this since they had a longer range and could put out 8 die.
Below are a couple setup pics.  I only put 3 of my squads on the table and kept 1 of the Rifle Squads in reserve as this squad was down to 4 men and I really didn't need to loose anymore from this squad.  I will get a few of these back in the next day. I placed the Rifle squad on the left in front of the double stacked Minefields thinking that this would slow down the Germans pushing through here and they could inflict some casualties.


LMG squad on the hill on my right

Yes I know the marker is a fence.  I only started building the dugin markers and only had 2 done.
Phil decided to put maximum force on his right, in front of the Rifle Squad.  This was goign to be a long day for them

Turn 1 - Phil started laying down some long range LMG fire on my squads and of course on the first turn he killed 3 rifle men from my Rifle Squad on the left. Return fire from the Russian caused 1 kill. The Mine Clearing Teams pushed into the first line of Minefields without my causing a hit.

Turn 2 - More long range fire from the Russians only caused a few pins, but no kills.  Return fire caused a few kills on the Germans.  The Mine Clearing team rolled and cleared the first Minefield.


Turn 3 - The Germans put down more fire and caused a couple kills against the Rifle Squad and the LMG squad in the center.  The return fire caused a kill of German squad on the right and it was the LMG! small victories. Another Minefield is cleared, 2 down 2 to go.


Minefield Clearing Team on the far left has been hit and lost a member.


Turn 4 - This saw the Germans really push through the minefields with the lead squad and the halftrack.  I guess Phil want to really try and knock out the Rifle squad on my left. I did get a hit on the Grenadier Squad but did not cause a casualty.  The Halftrack was also hit, but I rolled a 2, even with a +3 I still didn't destroy it. The Mine Clearing Teams cleared the last Mine Field and thus the game was over.


Overall I lost 6 men, no NCO's or my Officer so 2 Dead and 4 light wounds which will be back for Game 3 since that is the next day.  Phil lost 7 men of which 3 are dead and the rest are back also.

We rolled for opinions and my CO stayed the same, but my Men's opinion went up by 1.  I guess since we put up a better defense, they felt better about their chances of surviving.  Phils CO stayed the same but his Men's opinion went down to 0.  Guess they thought he could have done better.

We also rolled for the points for the next game and Phil rolled a 1.  11 points for him and 6 for me...hmmmm wonder what he will take.

This was a fun game even though I knew the odds of winning were slim.  Force Morale never came into play in this one so no issues there.  Still working on setup and I think it should have been a 50% on table and the rest either First Wave of Reserve.  Will play that one next game.  Remembering the Opinion Rolls throws a new twist into it and adds to the flavor.  As Phil and I talked afterwards, tourneys are ok and great for the day, but playing this really adds to the game.  Using Bolt action just cuts down on how many rules we need to remember.

I'm thinking about maybe having a Game day with people who have Russians and Germans and tie all this together. If there are 3 games, they all play the same game.  If the Germans win 2 of the, then that is the result for the next game.  I think we can get 3 sets of games in a day.  Terrain is minimal, just need the troops.



2 comments:

2019 Cincycon Bolt Action Tournament

Ok, so I have been a little busy working on my house and I'm almost done.  So hopefully I will be able to get back into gaming.  in the ...