Escalation League Final Results

So the Escalation League being played at Game Time Miniatures ended this past weekend.  Lots of games played over the last 5 months, over 100!  the Final Results are listed below:

Ron pulled out a win in the last game and won over Phil by 1 point.  I don't include myself as I was running the event, but really pleased with where I ended up.  Bryan came in 3rd and Myron pulled out a 4th.  Myron won the Painting Award with his 6 figures that he needed for the final round. Everyone won something throughout the event and everyone that played learned the V2 rules, which was one of the reason for playing.

Lessons learned from my point of view:


  1. Only run a League for 4 months.  5 is 1 month too long
  2. Limit Free units to 500 points and higher,  at 250, they are too overpowering.  Units like the Free Observer for the British and the Free Russian Squad.
  3. Play smaller games, 500 points and small on a 4x4 table.  Ron and I played a 600 point tourney on a 4x4 and that was perfect size.
  4. Limiting Armor from lower point games is a must.  No armor at 750 and below made for a better game.
  5. Don't let Phil have the 1st shot at your tanks.  During the game on the 3rd, I played a different army since I had my 3 games in.  So I had a Tiger on low fuel.  It had 1 tun to move and the plan was to move him up and park him where it could cover that half of the table.  Damn if he didn't get the first die and rolled a 5 to hit, rolled a 6 to penetration and rolled a 6 to kill.  With a Sherman even!  Oh well it was a fun game.
There is more that I have forgotten and will update when I remember.

Next event is the De-Escalation Tourney on 1-July

Tom

Pics from Phil
OK, so I wasn;t happy that a Sherman took out my Tiger.  It was all in fun and I really didn't think Phil captured that moment!


2 comments:

  1. Had a great time and lots of fun. Glad to have met the individuals that I didn't know before hand. Thanks to Karl for hosting this at Gametime. Will send a couple of pics to Tom, if he wants to post them. Hope to see all on the 1st of July. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I came back on your blog as I am going through the list notifying those who have shown an interest in my book to send an email to kerstinsmith1234@gmail.com if they still want to order. If you have already done this, then just ignore me.

    Cheers,

    Pat.

    ReplyDelete

2019 Cincycon Bolt Action Tournament

Ok, so I have been a little busy working on my house and I'm almost done.  So hopefully I will be able to get back into gaming.  in the ...