1250 game against Ron

So Ron and I got together on Sunday to play a 1250 game for the League.  This was my 3rd Game at 1250 and Ron's first.  Since Ron is leading or close to leading it was important that I at least end up with a draw or better win against him


So things started off great, my spotter for the mortar called in a shot and I rolled a 6!  Then killed 3 guys out of 6.  Ron passed morale. something about Stubborn Marines.....I'm running Fallschrimjager.  Then his guys moved out and dam if they didn't kill the spotter.   Next turn he took a along reange shot and killed my sniper with a 6.  Things were not looking good

 The highlight for me was the 2 times Ron rolled boxcars for Morale Checks, one above, yes that is his infantry retreating.  Then on turn 7 with his Tank...:), sorry no pic.

 Above was the situation about turn 3 when Ron needed a break, So I took an overhead pic.  I was pushing up the center to take the center objective while Ron was kind of spreadout, better for me, but he brought his truck of death in with a squad, Flamethrower team and officer.  Basically he figured out that the center objective was key and we ended up with multiple squads around it all within 3".  There were multiple close assaults and burn trucks.  Below was my average dice rolling for the day, not a pretty sight.  Kind of like my game against Phil last Monday

So it ended up as a draw and as always was a great game.  I have to say Ron has really come a long way with knowing the rules, tactics, and his painting.  I think he is going to win the League, unless someone pulls out a couple wins.  as for his painting, he showed me the Russians he is working on,. They look fantastis and I think he would give a Phil a run for his money in the next painting contest

No comments:

Post a Comment

2019 Cincycon Bolt Action Tournament

Ok, so I have been a little busy working on my house and I'm almost done.  So hopefully I will be able to get back into gaming.  in the ...