Trains and stuff

so per the previous post I have been working on train track for a Industrial type layout.  Cant have a track track without cars.  So I went to NWS Wargaming Store, see link on link page, and order some cars from Sarissa Precision.  I ordered, the Pannier Tank Engine, 2 Goods Wagons, a High Aggregate and Low Aggregate wagon, a Tipper Wagon, and a Steam Crane. see below:




They were pretty easy to put together except the Covered Goods wagons.  The tolerances on this model was pretty tight and some things were hard to put together.  Follow the instructions as it is critical that the parts go together as shown if not you will find it hard to take apart. 

The last pic shows the Engine from the set I bought the track with.  Speaking of track, I did not use the Sarrisa track.  This is from the Christmas Set I bought a couple months ago. The Sarrisa cars do not fit the track like normal, but the good thing is they fit just over the outside of the track.  It actually make them sit better on the outside.  For me and gaming purposes, I have no issue with this, some people may being purist,  but from 5' away, who will know. 

The issue is the size of the train engine compared to the cars. It is smaller but I think if it is sitting on a different set of tracks or even on a different table, I really don't have an issue.

So now its off to get some paint on them and a little weathering. Will post pics when done...

No comments:

Post a Comment

2019 Cincycon Bolt Action Tournament

Ok, so I have been a little busy working on my house and I'm almost done.  So hopefully I will be able to get back into gaming.  in the ...